Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Social Networking Sites

Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. Let's call them the big four of social media. They dominate the norms of communication in todays society amongst teenagers, and even many adults increasingly. Before, in middle school, I would use Facebook way more than the others. Snapchat wasn't even out then. Now, the tables have turned. My social media consumption primarily goes to Instagram and Snapchat, and I feel like the same goes for many other people that are in my age group. Instagram and snapchat provide better visuals than facebook and twitter, and is more user friendly on the go for mobile devices. Facebook is used more for memes, and twitter is used more for expressing feelings/emotions and experiences. Instagram and snapchat give a better real time update on other peoples lives, and keeps me more entertained. Not only that, but I think social media consumption may differ based on age groups. It will be interesting to see where my consumption will be in ten years, and what other social media platforms will exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next New

Augmented reality dealing with pop up 3-D screens from phones, laptops, and tablets can be the "next new". Although these interact...